Does your family get together for family reunions? My husband’s family does. Every other year the clan gathers and a key part of the planning revolves around activities. We usually have a set schedule of what happens when. It’s part tradition and part common sense planning.
My guest today is one organized woman. She’s the editor of Reunions Magazine. While genealogists think in terms of family reunions there are a whole lot of different types of reunions from class reunions to military gatherings. She’ll share tips and techniques to make your reunion a success. Use the links in the show notes to find resources to help you plan one for your group.
About My Guest:
Edith Wagner is founder, publisher
She has been a national spokesperson for KFC, Hebrew National Foods, the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) and Lifetime Furniture Co. She
She has appeared on dozens of local TV and radio shows all over the country and on the Today Show, Later Today, CBS Morning, Good Morning America, Home and Garden, CNN, NPR, Heloise and Christian Radio. She has done web chats for AARP and the Washington Postand podcasts for others and on www.reunionsmag.com.
Edith was a social worker for 18 years in Los Angeles, California, Kansas City, Missouri, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin, followed by about 11 years doing specialty public relations and promotions for small businesses and non-profits. She lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with two goofy cats and loves to walk, swim, read, cook (and eat, of course), travel, renovate houses and spend as much time as humanly possible with her six great grand niblings.
- Episode 39 : Finding Identity and Connections in Family Photos
- Episode 28: Charting Your Family History
- Book a Photo Detective Roadshow
- Learn more about reunions at Reunions Magazine.
- How one reunion lines up for the group picture.
- Watch my YouTube Channel.
- Like the Facebook Page so you get notified of my Facebook Live videos at https://www.facebook.com/MaureenPhotoDetective/.
- Sign up for my newsletter.
- Need help organizing your photos? Check out the Essential Photo Organizing Video Course.
- Need help identifying family photos? Check out the Identifying Family Photographs online course.
- Have a photo you need help identifying? Sign up for photo consultation.
About Maureen Taylor:
Maureen is a frequent keynote speaker on photo identification, photograph preservation, and family history at historical and genealogical societies, museums, conferences, libraries, and other organizations across the U.S., London and Canada. She’s the author of several books and hundreds of articles and her television appearances include The View and The Today Show (where she researched and presented a complete family tree for host Meredith Vieira). She’s been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes and Gardens, The Boston Globe, Martha Stewart Living, Germany’s top newspaper Der Spiegel, American Spirit, and The New York Times. Maureen was recently a spokesperson and photograph expert for MyHeritage.com, an internationally known family history website and also writes guidebooks, scholarly articles and online columns for such media as Smithsonian.com. Learn more at Maureentaylor.com
Did you enjoy this episode? Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.