Is your group interested in connecting to their history through family photographs?
From identifying mystery images to tackling piles of snapshots, Maureen can help. She offers in-person presentations, keynote speeches, and virtual seminars (a great alternative when travel and scheduling make it difficult for a personal appearance).
Maureen has been a frequent keynote speaker on photo identification, photograph preservation, and family history at historical and genealogical societies, museums, conferences, libraries, and other organizations across the U.S., London, and Canada.
Maureen has spoken at the Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference, Institute of Genealogy & Historical Research, International Jewish Genealogical Conference, National Genealogical Society, New England Regional Genealogical Conference, Palatines to America, Rootstech, and Who Do You Think You Are (Live),
Maureen’s photo and family history research has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes and Gardens, The Boston Globe, Martha Steward Living, Germany’s top newspaper Der Spiegel, American Spirit, and The New York Times. She was a guest on The Today Show, The View, CNN, Pawn Stars, and MSNBC. Maureen was a spokesperson and photograph expert for Picasa and MyHeritage.com.
Make Your Next Event Memorable Choose a Topic Your Audience Will Love
A few of our fan-favorite topic’s are:
- Who’s Little Joe: Photo Detecting 101
- 8 Steps to Preserving and Organizing Your Family Photographs
- The Last Muster: Images of the Revolutionary War Generation
- Genealogical Clues in Family Photographs
- Tackle Your Family Photographs: 3 Simple Strategies to Overcome Overwhelm and Enjoy Your Photos
For more ideas, please look at Maureen’s Topic List.
Pricing and Details
- Seminars start at $1800.
- Photo Detective webinars $400.
- Photo Detective Roadshow: starts at $500.
You can make your event extra special by adding on a Friday evening lecture or the opportunity for personalized Photo Consultations with Maureen.
- Friday Evening Lecture $400.
- Personalized Photo Consultations ($25. per photo, arranged by Maureen, paid by attendees)
Maureen makes planning easy
* You receive publicity materials and a graphic to promote the event. This includes additional text that encourages folks to attend live but if they can’t there is a replay.
* Attendees can register for the event through MaureenTaylor.com
* The webinar platform is either Crowdcast, which includes an interactive Q &A where they can vote on attendee questions. (It’s pretty cool!) They can even ask questions in advance. OR Zoom. Both are hosted by Maureen
*Attendees receive a welcome email with the logistics for the event as well as reminders for when the event is happening.
* For those that want more, there is an offer just for them.
** If you choose the Photo Detective Roadshow, attendees submit their photos and information through a dedicated Google Form for your event
Setting your event up for success:
- Maureen is available for on-site video and audio interviews to help you to promote your event
- You can also work together to use her extensive social network to promote your event