Maureen answers several great questions about identifying Orphan Photos, Conservation of Photos printed on Fabric, looking for clues in tin-types and locating information about old photo studios. Additionally, she provides some terrific resources for finding more ancestral photos and uploading photos to Ancestry.com.
- 0:50 – What to do if you don’t have very many old photos of your family? How can you find more photos from your ancestors?
- 2:15 – Orphan Photos ~ instant ancestors and how to start identifying the photographs even though they are not your ancestors.
- 04:10 – Tin Types ~ What to do first to identify them?
- 06:06 – How to put photos on to Ancestry.com and link it to a specific person?
- 06:35 – Photos on Fabric
- 07:50 – Locating more information about old Photography Studios
- Extreme Genes Podcast #180 – Maureen talks with Extreme Genes about ideas
not usually considered for finding your ancestral photos. It’s a long list, so sharpen your pencil!
- Video on How to Post Photos on Ancestry.com