As I watch the destruction caused by Hurricane Dorian, I’m
My mind is thinking about When Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast of the United States in 2012. It was not the powerhouse storm that Dorian is,
On the New Jersey shore near Union Beach, family photographs started washing up on the beach. One woman took action and tried to rescue as many as
The amazing thing about that project was that Jeannette was able to reunite many photographs with family, but there
I’m not sure that having a disaster plan could help a community literally blown and washed away by a storm, but museums, libraries
By taking steps now we know what to do
This special podcast focuses on disaster preparedness for a family photo archive. Download my Disaster Preparedness Checklist here.
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
- Operation Photo Rescue
- Sign up for my newsletter.
- Watch my YouTube Channel.
- Like the Photo Detective Facebook Page so you get notified of my Facebook Live videos.
- Need help organizing your photos? Check out the Essential Photo Organizing Video Course.
- Need help identifying family photos? Check out the Identifying Family Photographs Online Course.
- Have a photo you need help identifying? Sign up for photo consultation.
About Maureen Taylor:
Maureen is a frequent keynote speaker on photo identification, photograph preservation, and family history at historical and genealogical societies, museums, conferences, libraries, and other organizations across the U.S., London and Canada. She’s the author of several books and hundreds of articles and her television appearances include The View and The Today Show (where she researched and presented a complete family tree for host Meredith Vieira). She’s been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes and Gardens, The Boston Globe, Martha Stewart Living, Germany’s top newspaper Der Spiegel, American Spirit, and The New York Times. Maureen was recently a spokesperson and photograph expert for MyHeritage.com, an internationally known family history website and also writes guidebooks, scholarly articles and online columns for such media as Smithsonian.com. Learn more at Maureentaylor.com