You probably know Mary Tedesco from The Genealogy Roadshow, a popular PBS genealogy based program that aired from 2013 to 2016.
But did you know that Mary is also very involved with the Daughters of the American Revolution and is passionate to get more women patriots recognized by the
We discussed how our female ancestors can become recognized patriots. How to prove their contributions and how Mary was able to organize the Hannah Winthrop Chapter of the DAR.
About My Guest: Mary Tedesco is a professional genealogist, speaker, author, and co-Host on the PBS television series “Genealogy Roadshow.” She is the Founder of ORIGINS ITALY, a genealogical reseating company specializing in Italian genealogy and heritage travel to Italy. Mary is a proud member of the Daughters of the America Revolution (DAR) and serves as the National Chair of the Service to America Committee, Massachusetts State Organizing Secretary, and Organizing Regent of the Hannah Winthrop Chapter in Boston, MA. Mary can be contacted at www.originsitaly.com.
Links and Resources:
- Information about becoming a DAR member
- The DAR’s Genealogical Research System
- Diary Sheds Light On Deborah Sampson
- The Last Muster: Images of the American Revolution
- Watch my YouTube Channel.
- Like the Facebook Page so you get notified of my Facebook Live videos.
- Sign up for my newsletter.
- Need help organizing your photos? Check out the Essential Photo Organizing Video Course.
- Need help identifying family photos? Check out the Identifying Family Photographs online course.
- Have a photo you need help identifying? Sign up for photo consultation.
About Maureen Taylor: Maureen is a frequent keynote speaker on photo identification, photograph preservation, and family history at historical and genealogical societies, museums, conferences, libraries, and other organizations across the U.S., London and Canada. She’s the author of several books and hundreds of articles and her television appearances include The View and The Today Show (where she researched and presented a complete family tree for host Meredith Vieira). She’s been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes and Gardens, The Boston Globe, Martha Stewart Living, Germany’s top newspaper Der Spiegel, American Spirit, and The New York Times. Maureen was recently a spokesperson and photograph expert for MyHeritage.com, an internationally known family history website and also writes guidebooks, scholarly articles and online columns for such media as Smithsonian.com. Learn more at Maureentaylor.com