This episode is about one of my historical heroes.–Benson Lossing, who wrote a travelogue of the American Revolution, 75 years after the Battle of Lexington and Concord. It’s possible to follow in his footsteps even today. I did it and you can too.
About Maureen Taylor: Maureen is a frequent keynote speaker on photo identification, photograph preservation, and family history at historical and genealogical societies, museums, conferences, libraries, and other organizations across the U.S., London and Canada. She’s the author of several books and hundreds of articles and her television appearances include The View and The Today Show (where she researched and presented a complete family tree for host Meredith Vieira). She’s been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes and Gardens, The Boston Globe, Martha Stewart Living, Germany’s top newspaper Der Spiegel, American Spirit, and The New York Times. Maureen was recently a spokesperson and photograph expert for MyHeritage.com, an internationally known family history website and also writes guidebooks, scholarly articles and online columns for such media as Smithsonian.com. Learn more at Maureentaylor.com
- Want to follow in Benson Lossing’s footsteps? You can read his book here.
- Learn more about the Revolutionary Trio films.
- Watch my YouTube Channel.
- Like the Facebook Page so you get notified of my Facebook Live videos at https://www.facebook.com/MaureenPhotoDetective/.
- Sign up for my newsletter.
- Need help organizing your photos? Check out the Essential Photo Organizing Video Course.
- Need help identifying family photos? Check out the Identifying Family Photographs online course.
- Have a photo you need help identifying? Sign up for photo consultation.