In this monthly podcast, Maureen shares questions received via email and through social media.
- Can you tell us about changing exposure times for photographic portraits and why people didn’t smile for pictures?
- Do you have a good resource for looking up photographer names by location and years they were active?
- Is there a good resource for dating children’s clothing styles?
- How can I preserve a rusty tintype?
- Can you determine the financial status of a person in a portrait?
- What can you do with deteriorating Polaroids?
- Reunions Magazine
- Sign up for my newsletter.
- Watch my YouTube Channel.
- Like the Photo Detective Facebook Page so you get notified of my Facebook Live videos.
- Need help organizing your photos? Check out the Essential Photo Organizing Video Course.
- Need help identifying family photos? Check out the Identifying Family Photographs Online Course.
- Have a photo you need help identifying? Sign up for photo consultation.
About Maureen Taylor:
Maureen is a frequent keynote speaker on photo identification, photograph preservation, and family history at historical and genealogical societies, museums, conferences, libraries, and other organizations across the U.S., London and Canada. She’s the author of several books and hundreds of articles and her television appearances include The View and The Today Show (where she researched and presented a complete family tree for host Meredith Vieira). She’s been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes and Gardens, The Boston Globe, Martha Stewart Living, Germany’s top newspaper Der Spiegel, American Spirit, and The New York Times. Maureen was recently a spokesperson and photograph expert for MyHeritage.com, an internationally known family history website and also writes guidebooks, scholarly articles and online columns for such media as Smithsonian.com. Learn more at Maureentaylor.com