Maureen A. Taylor, author of Uncovering Your Ancestry Through Family Photographs, provides all the information you need to care for your family photograph collection. She outlines in straightforward steps how to add value to your home collection by using the methods that conservators and photo curators use every day!
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify the types of damage already done to the photos in your collection.
- Take care of all your photos going forward, so that damage is a thing of the past.
- Preserve your digital images – for you and future generations.
- Select a conservator to repair damaged photos and protect them from more deterioration.
- Select a restoration expert to restore damaged photos using airbrushing, digital manipulation, or photographic enhancements.
- Create a stunning scrapbook that will endure, using archival quality guidelines.
- Properly handle cased images such as daguerreotypes, ambrotypes and tintypes.
- Explore techniques to share your images.
- Take advantage of low-cost alternatives to traditional photo preservation techniques.